Monday, October 23, 2017

An Article In Milwaukee Kaleidoscope On the I Ching - Book of Changes - October 6, 1967

An Article In Milwaukee Kaleidoscope On the I Ching - Book of Changes - October 6, 1967
Movement(s) in Dialogue: Kaleidoscope and the Discourse ... - UReCA
http://www.nchc-ureca.com/assets/9.1...finaledits.pdf
... “A Day in the March…,” Kaleidoscope, October 6, 1967, p. 3; Kois, “Leads & Changes,” ibid., p. 5;. Bernard Pyron, “The I Ching: An Introduction,” ibid., p. 10.

This is strange to see. Maybe the article on the I Ching I wrote which a friend sent to a Milwaukee Counterculture magazine - Kaleidoscope - in the sixties was published October 6, 1967. I haven't thought of that article in many years, maybe close to 20.

The link is from something, maybe a book, on the underground press, in the sixties. Kaleidoscope was a Leftist magazine from the relatively small Milwaukee Counterculture community in the sixties and it was sold in Madison also.

Yet if issues of Kaleidoscope were available to look at, that would show how different the now totally Marxist Left is now from the Left then. I Ching is a fairly sophisticated topic, and some psychologists then were interested in it. I remember being at a meeting of the American Psychological Association in Chicago in the sixties where several psychologists had copies of the I Ching  there with them.My article on the I Ching might be mentioned in the writing linked but I did not find it in a brief look.
I did not submit the I Ching article but a friend did. I did submit articles to a little literary magazine in Madison, called Quixote Magazine, and three or four of my short stories were published in Quixote in the sixties. One was called The Night of the Great Salt, about firing salt glazing pottery kilns at night in a Wisconsin college town - Whitewater. But in part the salt firings were a kind of structure for commentary on the big university and its faults, that it opens the mind and then slams it shut and is like a wrecking machine. I was publishing in art journals and in psychology journals at this same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment